This policy sets out how we, The Healing Place (https://www.thehealing-place.com/, email@example.com, 0774 047 3987), collect, use and protect any personal data that you provide via this website, by telephone, SMS text, email and electronic mail.
GDPR (implemented by DPA2018 in the UK) brought in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I hold and why, and what your rights are. Once you have read it please complete and sign the declaration at the bottom.
Therapist’s Contact Detail:
Shameen Contactor and The Healing Place
Telephone No: 0774 047 3987
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Controller Contact Details:
The Purpose of processing Client Data
In order to give professional Reflexology treatments, I need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information to inform Reflexology treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I may offer to you.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists, I abide by the AOR Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interest i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice.
As I may hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is:
- for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AOR Confidentiality as defined in the AOR Code of Practice and Ethics.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give a professional Reflexology treatment, I will need to ask for, and keep, information about your health. I will only use this for informing reflexology treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Full name.
- (Note: for children under 16 a parental or guardian signature is required.)
- Contact information including email address, phone number, postal address, date of birth.
- Emergency contact details.
- Key health information relevant to safe clinic practice and treatment – including medical history and other health-related information.
- Preference for receiving information by email/electronic mail, telephone, SMS text or all.
- Treatment details and related notes.
I will NOT share your information with anyone else without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
How Long I Retain Your Information for
I will keep your information for 7 years in line with the requirements of my insurance.
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Any Reflexology information you request from me
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability:
Under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
You also have the rights to:
- Object to the use of your data for promotional purposes
- Access details of personal information which we hold about you, free of charge
- Have your personal data corrected promptly if you believe it is incomplete or incorrect
- Please note: If you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you.
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed.
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Our website contains links to third party websites operating their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. The Healing Place is not responsible for any content on third party websites.
All personal information will be treated as confidential and will fully comply with the applicable UK Data Protection and Consumer Legislation.
Phone: 07435 24 25 23